About Eight of Swords
115 Grand Street, Brooklyn, New york
Founded in 2008 by artist/owner D.C. Wallin, Eight of Swords Tattoo is a custom studio featuring talented and experienced tattooers. We pride ourselves on our creative ability, professionalism, and customer service. Everyone is welcome at Eight of Swords. We are housed in an original Williamsburg storefront from the 1840s. When visiting you can feel the history of this old building as well as the passion we have for our craft and industry. See for yourself why our loyal customers keep coming back.
Expert Custom Tattooing
Our goal is quality, custom tattooing with attention to detail. We’re proud to feature a clean, relaxing environment with an emphasis on comfort for our clients. The artists at Eight of Swords Tattoo are happy to consult with you directly and visualize your ideas into beautiful, custom tattoos. The gallery space showcases new and established artists from around the world with regular art openings. Look for annual charity events including benefits for organizations like The Warriors Fund and the ASPCA. Eight of Swords Tattoo is a refreshing alternative to the typical tattoo parlor. Give us a visit and see the difference for yourself.
Visit the studio
Eight of Swords Tattoo is located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn at 115 Grand Street between Berry and Wythe Streets ( one block from Bedford Ave. ). The L, G, and JMZ trains are within walking distance. There is also the shiny new East River Ferry at N. 6th Street as well as the pedestrian path on the Williamsburg bridge (for the active and/or adventurous types). Parking is usually available on Grand Street, however, this is Williamsburg so expect constant construction and movie film crews disrupting accessibility.
Tips from the experts
Before Your Appointment
- Get a good night’s rest.
- Have a hearty meal an hour or so before.
- Stay hydrated.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, blood-thinners.
- Take care of your personal hygiene.
During Your Appointment
- Come alone or bring one friend at most if absolutely necessary.
- Focus on your breathing.
- Refrain from moving.
- Don’t talk on your phone.
(Please turn off the ringer.)
- Bring high-energy snacks.
After Your Appointment
- Tip your artist and post a positive review if they have provided excellent service.
- Follow your artist’s care instructions EXACTLY.
- Do not soak your fresh tattoo in water. No bathtubs, swimming pools, hot tubs, etc. for a MINIMUM of 2 weeks.
- Don’t pick or scratch your new tattoo. If any scabs develop, leave them alone until they fall off naturally.
- Avoid direct sunlight on the tattoo until healed.
- After your tattoo is healed, always use a strong sunblock to protect your skin.